House prices have continued to rise this year, with the latest figures showing a 15% year-on-year increase across the housing market. But every city has its own story when it comes to housing, and what potential buyers are asked to pay can vary widely.
Here’s a roundup of recently bought and sold homes nationwide to keep you up to date with the reality on the ground. The information in this article was collected through the Israel Tax Authority’s real estate search database.
1. In Jerusalem, Hizkiyahu Hamelech Street in the Katamon neighborhooda second-floor, three-room apartment, measuring 81 square meters in a three-story building dating back to 1940, was sold for NIS 3,150,000 ($977,584) in mid-November 2021. It is one of the nine apartments of the structure, which has an elevator, but no parking.
2. In Beer Sheva, on Rimon Street in the northern part of the southern citya 176 square meter two-story house was sold for NIS 2,300,000 ($711,414) in March 2022. Built in 2013, the house has five rooms, as well as a 230 square meter yard and a parking space .
3. In the center of Ra’anana, on Bar Ilan Street off Ahuza’s main thoroughfare, an apartment on the sixth floor of a seven-story building finalized in December 2021 has sold for NIS 2,800,000 ($899,742). The apartment has four rooms, with a net area of 98 square meters and a gross area of 138 square meters. The building has an elevator and the apartment comes without parking.
4. In Netanya, Natan Yonatan Street in the Ir Yamim neighborhood near the coast, a first-floor apartment in a 15-story, 50-apartment building built in 2020 sold in February for NIS 3,850,000 ($1,196,024). The apartment has five rooms, covers 148 square meters and comes with two parking spaces. It is a short walk from Poleg beach.
5. In Beit She’an, Weitzman Street, a five-room apartment sold for NIS 1,050,000 ($327,103) in February. The apartment is on the first of four floors of a building built in 1996 and measures 124 square meters. There is an elevator but, again, no parking.
6. North of Tel Aviv, in the Old Port area on Yordei Hasira Street, a short walk from the shore, a number of apartments have been pre-sold in a building still under construction and scheduled for completion in 2024. One of the three-room apartments in the building has sold for NIS 11,610,000 ($3,560,258). The apartment is on the fourth floor out of 10 and covers 122 square meters. The building will have elevators but the apartment comes without parking.